Filtered VS Distilled water

JohnJones

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
I was wondering if I need to use distilled water, or if I can just use the tap water in my house. Now, the tap water in my house is a little special since we got the basement renovated, there is some water purification/filtering stuff for all the water in the house. There is a UV bacteria killer, a 1 micron filter, and probably a finer filter as well (there is a bigger filter thingy, but I don't know what size of particles it filters). I can take water from a valve directly after all the filters, to keep the water clean. Also, the guy who installed it claimed that it is cleaner than bottled water, and I kind of believe him. SOO, would I get the same performance and longevity from using distilled as the filtered water at my house? Id be willing to spend the 5$ if it would keep my system low maintenance. I would be running a silver killcoil, and no dyes in a loop with copper blocks.

Solution

cbrunnem

Distinguished

distilled water is only like a dollar a gallon just go get some.

you really cant have anything cleaner then distilled water.... in theory.

Solution

JohnJones

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012

Okay then, I'll grab some distilled water then. Unless I am going to a glacier within a few weeks (its always possible with me). Just dig down a few feet, and POW! Clean water!

cbrunnem

Distinguished

yeah they make the distilled water by evaporating it and as far as i know very little other elements turn to gas at 100*c there for the water becomes distilled.

TRENDING THREADS