[FINAL BUILD] $650 Budget Gaming Build

Talking Tubby

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
I recently made a thread on here about a budget gaming build I'm making. It's my first build. My resolution is 1280x1024, and I intend on getting a brand new monitor with the build. Pretty much, what I want to know, is what would be a good monitor for my requirements? Also, mind commenting on the build? Thanks.

Approximate Purchase Date:Around black Friday would be nice, but I have a lot of time.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, coding, graphical designing, web browsing

Parts Not Required:Keyboard, maybe mouse

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:Newegg

Parts Preferences:Really only preference I have is AMD.

Overclocking: No.

SLI or Crossfire:Not atm.

Additional Comments:I like a semi quiet PC, and I'm trying to keep it cool.

Also, my apologies, I forgot to add that I'm replacing the GTX 460 with a 6850.
74a5b12a97178e41579016c3e7718825.png

ch3rok33jo3

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
You said gaming was important, yet I see you prefer AMD. I used AMD up until Sandy Bridge - your upgrade path is nil with that AMD Phenom II.

i3 2100 will run circles around the best quad-core AMD's - at least in gaming. I'm pretty sure I posted this on your other thread but if not - be smart and go with P67 chipset so you can get an Ivy-Bridge CPU later when AMD is barely recognizable and are trying to get their 24-core CPU's to match the performance of the mid-range Intel's

=)

redsunrises

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011

This is a good point. SB is better for gaming, hands down. But I can almost guarentee that you wont notice a difference when you are actually gaming (at least I didnt in my personal experience, but others may have, who knows). The i3 does put out higher FPS in a lot of games, but as long as your cpu puts out 50+ FPS in a game, I dont think it really makes a difference. So since your preference is AMD, the 960T is your best option for the price! Great build!