[SOLVED] Final Build Revision

Dec 3, 2020
Hi all,

After great help with the last question, I'm going ahead with the plan of buying everything but the GPU (using my 750Ti until 3070's are available).

This is the build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nbG4Bc

Are there any building tips people would care to give? Like massive no nos I'll need to know

A little over budget so any help to reduce price would be massively welcome without losing too much performance.

Thanks all
James

Last edited:
Solution
For the building tips u mean physical installation or part picking?
If you cant find the new 5600X,i would go for the ryzen 7 3700X.Its a great performer for the price.Also you can go with a 3060Ti which is cheaper than the 3070,and it performs similar.
If you cant find the new 5600X,i would go for the ryzen 7 3700X.Its a great performer for the price.Also you can go with a 3060Ti which is cheaper than the 3070,and it performs similar.

Solution
Dec 3, 2020
Both of them really - part picking and building. Thanks, I will take a look at the ryzen 7 now. Happy Christmas and thanks for the help across all of my threads!

Reactions: Dj0gany
Both of them really - part picking and building. Thanks, I will take a look at the ryzen 7 now. Happy Christmas and thanks for the help across all of my threads!
For the building proccess there are a lot of quides,i really like Linuses first person pc build (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7MYOpFONCU&t=10s
).
For me the toughest thing when building the pc is organizing the cable managament.I start of with mounting the power supply in the case and i do nothing else in the case until i finish the mobo/ram/cpu/cpu cooler proccess.After that i mount the motherboard in the case,then i do the case wiring and front panel connectors,usb connectors and sata drives (if im using them).When im done with with those things i plug in the graphics card and do a test boot,to see if everything works.When i come to the conclusion it works,i procced to do cable managament,for cable managament i use zip ties.And thats about it for the buidling,after you are done with building ur pc,boot it up and go into bios.In bios i check if everything is there,like ram,storage drives,and i turn XMP on for my ram to run at advertised speed.Every ddr4 ram will run at 2133mhz,until you go into bios and optimize it.If i have a overclockabe cpu with a overclocking motherboard,i will overclock my cpu following a simple youtube quide.First make sure u have a good cooler for it.After you are done with checking those things,you can procced to install windows from bios,there are bunch of video quides about that (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYYoCXh2gtw
.After you are done with that you can enjoy your pc!

TRENDING THREADS