Question Final list for build. Bought everything except GPU and Monitor which will buy in next 2 days. Anything stands out? Case was 1st item bought.

Aug 8, 2022
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4R7zXy

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black 82.51 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE AX ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital WDS100T1XHE w/Heatsink 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Palit GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24 GB GameRock Video Card
Case: Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair HX1200 Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro OEM 64-bit
Monitor: Gigabyte G32QC 31.5" 2560x1440 165 Hz Curved Monitor

The Case as I said, was the first thing I got a while ago. Still boxed. I see there is a compatibility issue but I will not be using the 3.5 trays which I will simply unscrew and remove so the PSU should fit, or will that be an issue?

I am from Argentina so there is not a huge selection of models and parts so this was the best I could match.

The only thing I have to buy is the GPU and the monitor which will buy this week.

Thanks for any input on this.

Reactions: cAllen

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Don't do that:
+

The reason to avoid doing the above is that it's not guaranteed to work. The odds increase, when they have the same speed and timings like that, but it could still fail.
So if you lose the compatibility lottery, it means returning both kits.
Get a kit that's actually sold as a 4 x 16GB kit, or get a 2 x 32GB kit.

Reactions: cAllen
Aug 8, 2022
Don't do that:
+

The reason to avoid doing the above is that it's not guaranteed to work. The odds increase, when they have the same speed and timings like that, but it could still fail.
So if you lose the compatibility lottery, it means returning both kits.
Get a kit that's actually sold as a 4 x 16GB kit, or get a 2 x 32GB kit.

Hello. I Already bought them. These were the only DDR5 available so I just got these 2 kits. I took the chance because I got a really good deal. Barely 10 dolars above DDR4 3600 lpx.

Still all boxed so hopefully it will work.

What do you think of the case?

-CC-9011182-WW-Gallery-275R-WHITE-18.png

The PSU is 200mm and the clearance says 180mm but that whole tray for 3.5" is going away as I really don't want any HDD at all. So the lenght should be good.

I still have it boxed so I should check it again but I don't remember any issues and the tray is just screw so it's easily removable.

cAllen

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
I'm putting together a similar build. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7CXhv3 If the 2 kits of ram do work together, know they will likely only run at 4800...it's a Z690 thing. Two sticks of 32 should run at XMP. It's going to get hot in that box. Don't know what is available there, but the Fractal Design Torrent case will cool much better and costs less...here at least.

Respects

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88
As above,
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.
Ram must be matched for proper operation.

You can sometimes compensate for errors by increasing the ram voltage in the motherboard bios .
Assuming it seems to work,
Run memtest86 or memtest86+
They boot from a usb stick and do not use windows.
You can download them here:
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Running several more passes will sometimes uncover an issue, but it takes more time.
Probably not worth it unless you really suspect a ram issue.

Your use of a 3090 graphics card indicates gaming as the prime purpose of the build.
You are not likely to ever be able to get all threads working so heat generation is not as great as if you were running multithreaded batch apps.
You can try the included 120mm front intakes and see how you do.

To get the best cooling with your case, I would replace the front fans with 140mm fans that can move more air quietly.

Do not chase high m.2 sequential benchmark speeds.
You will not notice them. But, with your budget, go ahead.
I think I would use a single 2tb ssd for starters.
It is easiest to manage a single windows C drive space.
You can always add storage later.

Aug 8, 2022
As above,
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.
Ram must be matched for proper operation.

You can sometimes compensate for errors by increasing the ram voltage in the motherboard bios .
Assuming it seems to work,
Run memtest86 or memtest86+
They boot from a usb stick and do not use windows.
You can download them here:
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Running several more passes will sometimes uncover an issue, but it takes more time.
Probably not worth it unless you really suspect a ram issue.

Your use of a 3090 graphics card indicates gaming as the prime purpose of the build.
You are not likely to ever be able to get all threads working so heat generation is not as great as if you were running multithreaded batch apps.
You can try the included 120mm front intakes and see how you do.

To get the best cooling with your case, I would replace the front fans with 140mm fans that can move more air quietly.

Do not chase high m.2 sequential benchmark speeds.
You will not notice them. But, with your budget, go ahead.
I think I would use a single 2tb ssd for starters.
It is easiest to manage a single windows C drive space.
You can always add storage later.

Thank you.

About the rams, I bought the kits together from this vendor because of that reason. It was the highest chance for getting 64gb to be compatible.
Also, there were sold out little after I bought them so there is good chance they were from the same manufacturing batch. So that would be a plus.

Many things never arrive here and buying overseas have a risk that the guy on imports screw it up.

I could replace the from fans, that is not a problem so I will check the temps when I install everything, but still I can do it for getting lower temps and make everything last longer.

The second M.2 Black Nvme I don't have. I just bought one and then the supplier listed as arriving the same version without heatsink for a little more than a blue sn570 would be. My idea was that to get a blue one or even a sata ssd 2TB, but the prices are really close to each other here.

And the second disk is for storage but made little sense to get a budget ssd sata disk even for storage after this whole build.

Thank you again. I will try your suggestion about the fans and about the memory check.

Aug 8, 2022
I'm putting together a similar build. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7CXhv3 If the 2 kits of ram do work together, know they will likely only run at 4800...it a Z690 thing. Two sticks of 32 should run at XMP. It's going to get hot in that box. Don't know what is available there, but the Fractal Design Torrent case will cool much better and costs less...here at least.

Respects

Thank you.

I don't have a problem changing cases. I will try this case but if I see it gets too hot, I am not stubborn and just because I liked this design (yes that front is divisive lol) I will just change cases and have it as a backup.

Maybe in cases there some other options. I might not be able to get that fractal case. I saw yesteday they have for example a few more expensive ones that weren't available back then, like the obsidian from corsair. I think it was the one with the 8 fans on the front.