Finalising new PC design

The Pink Ninja

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
Okay, my current choices for a nextgen (XBone and PS3) gaming PC, looking for a finalization. Make sure I haven't missed anything or that something better hasn't come along.

I Have:

Cooler-master-elite-330
Corsair CX 600W
Windows 7
G.Skill 8GBXL Main Memory DDR3 8 GB PC1600 CL9 Ram Kit 2x 4 GB

I am going to buy:

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor
MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard
Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Considering:

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive

Did I miss anything?

TofuLion

Admirable

unlocked means you can change settings to make the cpu perform better than it is supposed to. its called overclocking. the Z97 chipset is designed for overclocking. since you don't know what that means, im guessing you wont be doing much of it. therefore, you can get just as much performance from a cheaper H97 chipset. also, the corsair cx series psu's are made with cheaper components and has a bad reputation. i would use a better psu

TofuLion

Admirable

oh, sorry i read too fast missed the "not". in that case, if you have the extra $40the locked 4690 would be good, but honestly the $40 would be better spent towards the ssd or even gpu upgrade

TofuLion

Admirable

oh you already bought it. i have seen some reviews where people didnt have a problem and it was great especially for the price. they use cheaper quality parts to make it more affordable so its kind of a gamble on how well it will work. your system shouldnt draw a whole lot of power so theres a good chance you wont have a problem at all.