[SOLVED] Finalizing my build!

Duskie

Reputable
Jun 19, 2016
First of all: I'd like to apologize for making two or three threads on this subforum about my build. I just wanted to gain traction from different audiences and gain multithreaded insights on my build. I've only got one shot!

After weeks upon weeks of revising with fellow forumers, and with the help of each and every one, I have finalized my ca. $3300 gaming build!

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($298.99 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($189.88 @ Amazon)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5 g Thermal Paste ($6.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($183.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($82.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB ROG Strix Gaming OC Video Card ($1213.49 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($119.99 @ Best Buy)
Monitor: Dell AW3418DW 34.1" 3440x1440 120 Hz Monitor ($744.58 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: SteelSeries Apex Pro Wired Gaming Keyboard ($188.98 @ Amazon)
Headphones: Corsair VOID PRO RGB USB (Black) 7.1 Channel Headset ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $3319.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-08 11:04 EDT-0400

I live in the Maldives, and I've already rented a myUS address as a middleman so that I can ship all the parts to the US and then ship them all together to the Maldives. I did this since most manufacturers and Amazon either don't ship to Maldives or have long shipping times + expensive shipping costs.

My budget is around $3250
, but I overshot it by a little bit. That's alright. The nearly $300 cost arising from the myUS shipping to the Maldives is not included in the budget.

If you think any improvements, omissions and whatnot could be implemented into the build, please do let me know! I'd love for this to go as seamlessly as possible because to my knowledge it will be a tedious process to receive any form of replacement to a faulty component or an incompatible part.

Thank you very much for your everlasting assistance to help me achieve my dream.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Solution
Looks good!

The MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC has WiFi and BIOS Flashback so you don't need a CPU [at all] to update the BIOS to support Ryzen 3000. Whether that's worth the $40 savings....probably not with your budget.

Here's a list of B450 boards with BIOS flashback and MSI's "MAX" series boards are guaranteed to ship with Ryzen 3000 compatible BIOSes. Aside from the AsRock B450M/AC, most other B450 boards are a gamble whether it ships with Ryzen 3000 BIOS installed. Worst case with ones that don't is you'd have to source a Ryzen 1000 or 2000 CPU to flash the BIOS before they'd run a Ryzen 3000 CPU.

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
Looks good to me all in all.
Some minor thoughts and personal opinion:
  1. Do you need an x570 motherboard for gaming? Could easily save a couple of bucks and roll with b450 without any performance loss.
  2. If you live in the maledives and got a hard time getting parts, wouldnt an air cooler be the wiser choice considering reliability is a concern and you got a really power efficient cpu?
  3. I would never spent 1200 dollar on a gpu, but thats just a subjective thing. If you want the best of the best, go for it.

Cheers

Reactions: Duskie

IDProG

Distinguished
When will you need your PC?

If you can wait until Q4 (fourth quarter of this year aka October, November, December), then I suggest that you wait until Q4. You'll be able to get an AMD GPU that has RTX 2080Ti performance for half the price.

If you ask me, buying a 2080Ti for $1200 is not worth it. The only reason why Nvidia prices the card that high was because the card has no competition.

If you're okay with waiting, but want to play some games before Q4, you can buy a $400 GPU like RX 5700 XT or RTX 2070 Super, then sell the GPU in Q4.

Reactions: Duskie

Duskie

Reputable
Jun 19, 2016
Looks good to me all in all.
Some minor thoughts and personal opinion:
  1. Do you need an x570 motherboard for gaming? Could easily save a couple of bucks and roll with b450 without any performance loss.
  2. If you live in the maledives and got a hard time getting parts, wouldnt an air cooler be the wiser choice considering reliability is a concern and you got a really power efficient cpu?
  3. I would never spent 1200 dollar on a gpu, but thats just a subjective thing. If you want the best of the best, go for it.
Cheers

Well, I am pretty unsure about air coolers. They seem to take up a large amount of space and I am pretty uninformed on them in general. I decided to go with a 360mm rad AIO because it would fit well in the front of the case and I'd have it as intake. The two stock front fans would be replaced to the top as exhaust and the fan in the back would also perform as exhaust.

Does the B450 have WiFi capabilities? If so, it could be considerable.

Had a whole plan set up for that, but correct me if I'm wrong!

When will you need your PC?

If you can wait until Q4 (fourth quarter of this year aka October, November, December), then I suggest that you wait until Q4. You'll be able to get an AMD GPU that has RTX 2080Ti performance for half the price.

If you ask me, buying a 2080Ti for $1200 is not worth it. The only reason why Nvidia prices the card that high was because the card has no competition.

If you're okay with waiting, but want to play some games before Q4, you can buy a $400 GPU like RX 5700 XT or RTX 2070 Super, then sell the GPU in Q4.

Well, I need in three months; more specifically before August. My current laptop (aged 7 years now) will fail soon and I'll be needing a replacement before that happens. Also I'll need it shipped because our country is currently on the edge due to CoVID-19 and some of the stuff I regularly order online spends a LONG time in customs before I get them on hand.

I decided to go for the 2080 Ti because it will last fairly long, and will be relevant for at least 4 years. Also I'm a little biased towards Nvidia because I have owned AMD cards in the past, and the driver issues drove me mad. It just didn't do it for me. Though on the processor end, the Ryzen lineup is really dealing some damage in the high end onto Intel. I'm liking it.

Looks good!

The MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC has WiFi and BIOS Flashback so you don't need a CPU [at all] to update the BIOS to support Ryzen 3000. Whether that's worth the $40 savings....probably not with your budget.

Here's a list of B450 boards with BIOS flashback and MSI's "MAX" series boards are guaranteed to ship with Ryzen 3000 compatible BIOSes. Aside from the AsRock B450M/AC, most other B450 boards are a gamble whether it ships with Ryzen 3000 BIOS installed. Worst case with ones that don't is you'd have to source a Ryzen 1000 or 2000 CPU to flash the BIOS before they'd run a Ryzen 3000 CPU.

Solution