Finally a reveiw w/o ATi bashing by TOM

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well Tom's Radeon VE reveiw looks very good a showed an ATi beating a GeForce overall. Here are quotes in the reveiw for one time only i didnt see bashing by Nvidia payed TOM:

"For dual monitor operations, the Radeon VE offers outstanding value." - TOM

"Even though NVIDIA and Matrox have had this feature for quite a while, the latecomer ATi has managed to balance hardware and software very well." -TOM

"The test has demonstrated that the software's usability is a cut above that offered by competitors NVIDIA and Matrox."-TOM

"Operation has been structured to be used intuitively, for example, so that even beginners can learn all of the functions quickly." -TOM

"As for 3D performance, the jury is still out on who's ahead of the rest. In some benchmarks it's the GeForce2 MX Twinview and in others it's the Radeon VE." -TOM

"The Radeon VE is attractive even for the home user who occasionally plays games" -TOM

My p3 broke :*( Well Tualatin is coming :*)

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Cheering for ATI? Well they are doing a good job and should get some credit. Looks like there DX8 drivers are delivering good performance with the first DX8 benchmark 3dMark2001. Almost can say the best performance. Less bashing due to ATI listening and implementing a little bit better. In my opinion Tom analyzes, test and then makes a conclusion based on facts vice being bias towards any particular manufacturer. If they deserve it, he will definitely <b>bash</b> :lol: .
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by noko on 03/16/01 04:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
i guess nvidia tom will due a Geforce3 reveiw soon and compare it to the radeon. Even more bashing is to come. Be in joy now but nvidia tom will strike back.

My p3 broke :*( Well Tualatin is coming :*)

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Well it is hard comparing a greater $500 card to a sub $200 card. Really GF3 doesn't have any real competition yet but comparing the two can give you an idea of what kind of improvement you can get so as to decide if it is worth it or not. As for any company, if a problem is evident it should be addressed, if the company is ignoring the problem or trying to minimize the severity then bashing may be called for. At least that is my opinion. I think many people are gratful that through Tom's efforts and integrity exposed the PentiumIII 1.13gh problem prompting Intell to call back a faulty chip before it was to late and now a new stepping for it will take place. This saved an untold number of people from wasting time and money on a faulty chip and really saving Intels image in the long run.