Question Finally Decided on a Build. Do you see any issues?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No glaring issues spotted.
Personal preference: have the OS on a 250-500GB SSD by itself. If circumstances force you to reinstall Windows, it's going to be a pain in the butt to copy/backup everything important on that one drive if you don't already have backups.
Now, some apps do force themselves on the C drive, so there's no helping those.

Nov 23, 2021
No glaring issues spotted.
Personal preference: have the OS on a 250-500GB SSD by itself. If circumstances force you to reinstall Windows, it's going to be a pain in the butt to copy/backup everything important on that one drive if you don't already have backups.
Now, some apps do force themselves on the C drive, so there's no helping those.
Thanks for the comment! So other than having it be a pain in the butt to transfer/backup all my files on that drive if I have to reinstall windows, are there any other cons to having everything in one drive as opposed to two separate?

emitfudd

Reputable
Apr 9, 2017
Both M.2 slots on that motherboard are capable of PCIe 4.0 speed. Why not go with Samsung 980 Pro to take advantage of that? Amazon has the 1TB version for $179 right now which is $50 bucks cheaper than I paid a month ago. If the extra cost is an issue buy one now and then a second one later. Other than that it looks good.

Nov 23, 2021
Both M.2 slots on that motherboard are capable of PCIe 4.0 speed. Why not go with Samsung 980 Pro to take advantage of that? Amazon has the 1TB version for $179 right now which is $50 bucks cheaper than I paid a month ago. If the extra cost is an issue buy one now and then a second one later. Other than that it looks good.
hmmm.. I thought the 980 pro would be better but not sure if it would be a huge noticeable difference. I'm a bit of a noob here so can you explain to me the difference between the two? When people say one is faster than the other, what type of activities would i see this difference in?
Thanks!

emitfudd

Reputable
Apr 9, 2017
PCIe 4.0 is roughly 2x faster than 3.0. While I have noticed that my games load super fast I have seen others comment that 4.0 doesn't make a real world difference in games. I did notice a decrease in the boot time after a PC restart. With the way PC technology keeps evolving I would think the 4.0 will be utilized more and more. You built a top notch rig, my opinion is to use the best M.2 technology your system supports.

You can always bump the PSU down to 850W to save a few bucks and put the extra into the 980 Pro. 850W is enough for your setup.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS