Aug 29, 2019
I am fairly new to troubleshooting software issues. About a week ago I started having issues with my PC. If I left it on the log in screen to long it would freeze which I found strange. I then noticed when I logged in that my ethernet was taking minutes to be recognized. When I went to start troubleshooting the suggestions that I came across all lead to modems being the issue. I knew this wasn't the issue because of taking this PC to a separate location and running into the same issues. As for the audio, it stopped working for my motherboard around the same time my other issues came about. Trying to install drivers to fix the internet or audio lead to my PC hard locking. I tried to even factory rest it through the settings and that froze the PC.

TO FIX THE FREEZING/HARD LOCKING (REQUIRES A WINDOWS LISCENSE):
  1. Go to the Media Creation Tool Microsoft provides (Link given for convenience, search the title provided if you prefer not to use links). This tool essentially forces a reinstall of Windows with keeping your personal files (I'm NOT responsible for any lost files if they are lost). This was used because some of the core files of my OS were corrupted somehow.
  2. Download and follow the prompts, this can take quiet awhile it took nearly 2 hours for me so aside some time.
  3. To be safe I updated my anti-virus, after my PC finally connected to the internet, and rebooted into safe mode to run a full scan off network. This step is not needed but i did so to weed out any other issues.
TO FIX THE AUDIO (DONE AFTER REINSTALL):
  1. I went to my motherboards manufacturer and navigated to the support page for my specific model of mother board. For a prebuilt I would assume that you would go to the corresponding company's website and navigate to to support page for your model you purchased.
  2. Navigate to the driver section of the page and find the Audio Tab.
  3. There should be a download for Realtek Audio
  4. Click Download then Run
  5. Follow the prompts until it has been installed, at this time you may need to restart your PC.
TO FIX MY INTERNET ISSUES:
  1. I went to my motherboards manufacturer and navigated to the support page for my specific model of mother board. For a prebuilt I would assume that you would go to the corresponding company's website and navigate to to support page for your model you purchased.
  2. Navigate to the driver section of the page and find the Networking/Connections/Internet tab.
  3. There should be a download for your PC's built in network cards drivers.
  4. Click Download then Run
  5. Follow the prompts until it has been installed, at this time you may need to restart your PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS