Question Finally got my new Build finished, Dissapointing Performance? 2080Ti.

Jul 16, 2020
Hi again everyone.
I want to thank everyone who helped me out with my previous post, it turned out to be RAM that needed to be re-situated, and the cable management was somethign I just had to get used to.

So I got my 2080ti build up and running and the performance is.... dissapointing. I've gotten far better performance out of my 1070 than I'm getting now, and I'm wondering if there's anything I've done wrong? This is an update to my old system (kept the same CPU i7 8700k and water color and SSD memory).

in games where I should be destroying it at LEAST 60 fps max settings; I'm batting 40 fps... Am I doing something wrong?

View: https://imgur.com/a/LWJPxJ8
<-- Link to my benchmark.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Open Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both to observe but only one at a time.

Observe first while computer idles, then while doing light work/browsing, and finally while gaming.

You should be able to determine what resources are being used, to what extent (%) they are being used, and what is using the resource.

Clicking column headers will sort the displayed values and make it easier to determine what is happening.