"Find bar" pops up when typing

rgronenb

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Hi,
I have windows 8.1 (with Start8) on a laptop and after about two keystrokes of typing, the find bar opens in IE11 and typing continues there. So if I type my user name "abcdef" it will be "ab" in the username field and "cdef" in the find bar with text highlighted where found. Happens in other fields as well. Tried Chrome and similar problem. I understand the keyboard may be the culprit but since it's a new computer and other people have reported the same problem I am skeptical that there's a hardware defect. Also I have tried in Safe Mode but the same problem exists.

Does anyone have the real answer here. I'm been struggling with trial and error solutions for two weeks but without success. I'm sure there's a setting or registry key that is the culprit and any serious help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

KiloWolf

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
if other people are having the same problem then it's more then likely a software issue with the system that you are running. Try the basics and update all your drivers and programs, make sure all windows updates are installed. update all your internet browser programs. See if any of this help you.