find files a program uses

We have lost the installation for a program, and we can
not recreate. The exe with it's dlls and such work on one
machine, but when copy to another doesn't work.

Anyone know of a utility to see what files are used when
an exe is ran?

thanks,

There may be, but that sounds painful as h*ll. Can't you just get another
copy of the installation media? What you want works really well on a Mac OS,
but Windows uses so many folders & has the registry to think of, as well.

ashleyT wrote:
> We have lost the installation for a program, and we can
> not recreate. The exe with it's dlls and such work on one
> machine, but when copy to another doesn't work.
>
> Anyone know of a utility to see what files are used when
> an exe is ran?
>
> thanks,

nope can't get the media, it is a small app that runs
wowexec.exe. so I won't think it would be too many files .

any ideas?

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:04:32 -0700, "ashleyT"

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Depends.exe would be my first recommendation, too.

Windows Application Verifier might also help (if you need to know what reg
keys the app depends on etc.).
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/appcompatibility/appverifier.mspx
--
Drew Cooper [MSFT]