[SOLVED] Find me ways to make my SSD not fill ut, but rather use HDD space

Feb 20, 2019
So ive installed my win 10 64 bit on my ssd, but its only 500 gb and i dont want it to get full imidiatley.

Id rather want to put the downloads and all stuff in the 2 tb HDD.

Ive already found some ways

1. Make chrome downloads go to HDD

2. Move downloads folder direktion to HDD

3. Make game download directories go to HDD (but keep like steam and origin in SSD for speed)

What could be other ways to do to not make the ssd fill up since it is the default drive and windows wants to put everything by default there.

And other unoticable stuff that wants go go to the ssd (maim drive)

Things like program files, and program files x86 will tho still remain in the ssd but i dont think it will matter so much since the games will go to hhd

Solution
Games will load faster, they won't run any faster

main reason I see is space, he has 4 times more space on hdd compared to ssd, and although he could put some games on there, that miight benefit from faster load times, he can't put them all there (though this depends on how many he has).

you don't want to put everything on hdd as then it gets messy when you have to reinstall windows (it happens). I generally put everything that would need to be reinstalled again on ssd and everything else on hdd.

Advantage to using a hdd for games is when you reinstall windows, they will all be on the hdd already, no need to reinstall the steam games as you can point client at the library and it will find them. If your internet is slow, this...

Colif

Win 11 Master
  1. you need to do this in chrome itself, it has it in its settings screen
  2. This is a simple matter of moving a library folder - https://www.dummies.com/computers/o...e-the-location-of-user-folders-in-windows-10/
note: helps to make destination folder before moving and make sure the destination folder in the properties box isn't just a hdd as making downloads entire drive is a pain.
3. game download folders like what exactly?

other ways?
move onedrive folder to other hdd
move all other library folders to hdd (see 2)

Feb 20, 2019
  1. you need to do this in chrome itself, it has it in its settings screen
  2. This is a simple matter of moving a library folder - https://www.dummies.com/computers/o...e-the-location-of-user-folders-in-windows-10/
note: helps to make destination folder before moving and make sure the destination folder in the properties box isn't just a hdd as making downloads entire drive is a pain.
3. game download folders like what exactly?

other ways?
move onedrive folder to other hdd
move all other library folders to hdd (see 2)

Well i have steam and origin and other launchers in ssd to make the boot time quicker, but the acutual games are downloaded in an folder in the hdd drive.

shadi shtaklef

Reputable
BANNED
Jul 26, 2015
just use it normally and download files to the ssd and after some time passes go through the files and delete all the unneeded files and move all the files that you need to the hdd

btw the games should be installed on the ssd and not the hdd. putting steam on the ssd and the game on the hdd is wrong because steam will launch fast but the games will be bit slower because they are on the hdd and they will run faster if they are on the ssd

Colif

Win 11 Master
Games will load faster, they won't run any faster

main reason I see is space, he has 4 times more space on hdd compared to ssd, and although he could put some games on there, that miight benefit from faster load times, he can't put them all there (though this depends on how many he has).

you don't want to put everything on hdd as then it gets messy when you have to reinstall windows (it happens). I generally put everything that would need to be reinstalled again on ssd and everything else on hdd.

Advantage to using a hdd for games is when you reinstall windows, they will all be on the hdd already, no need to reinstall the steam games as you can point client at the library and it will find them. If your internet is slow, this is a big deal

Solution