Find number of handles windows 10

snazzyconnor

Reputable
May 28, 2014
Hi,

I'd like to find how many handles each process is using on windows 10, on task manager it gives the total number in use across the whole system but not for each process.

I can't see the option to add this on windows 10 like on earlier windows versions and I can't see the option on resource manager either, how do I do this?
Computer isn't running slow but I have a horrific number of handles and I'm curious what's causing it
Cheers!

edit: Before someone asks I have 1763411 handles as i'm typing

Solution
That seems like an alarmingly large number of handles. You may be experiencing whats akin to a memory leak though I'm curious to know what your system's specs are and how many tasks you have running at startup. That being said, try a a repair install and see if this averts your issue. Might I ask if this installation is based off a free upgrade path or a licence key? Did the issue crop up after a mandatory windows update?

Lutfij

Titan
That seems like an alarmingly large number of handles. You may be experiencing whats akin to a memory leak though I'm curious to know what your system's specs are and how many tasks you have running at startup. That being said, try a a repair install and see if this averts your issue. Might I ask if this installation is based off a free upgrade path or a licence key? Did the issue crop up after a mandatory windows update?

Solution

Latest posts