Find the intruder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gynus

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
Hello ladies and gents,
I'm here today to see if any of you want to play with me a little game I've been playing for the past 2 months, it's called "Find the intruder", it's simple, there is something on my desktop PC that is not functioning correctly and I'm trying to figure out what ?
Let's start by stating the problem... After few hours/minutes of gaming my computer crash ( Monitor goes to sleep , sound coming out of speakers freeze, no answer from the machine whatsoever ), note that this happens only when playing video games.
Tests I've run so far :
1 - Checked the heat on CPU and GPU ( both were just fine )
2 - changed my graphic card (from HD7870, to GTX 660 Ti)
3 -Changed the OS ( from win7 to win8)
4 - Run memtest86+, 0 errors detected
5 - Removed my graphic card and used the iGPU on the motherboard (Computer did not crash at this test, everything went great)
6 - Tested my Graphic card on another Desktop , and it did not crash
7 - Changed the monitor and the cable used ( from DVI to HDMI )
8 - Updated the Driver of the motherboard and graphic card

I'm out of ideas and open to anything you guys suggest !

My setup :
CPU :I7 2600k
MB :Asus maximus 4 gene-z
GC :Sapphire HD 7870 OC edition 2gb ddr5
Memory :Corsair Vengeance 4gb x2 2133mhz
PSU :Corsair GS700

Note : my motherboard has PCI-E 2.0, and my graphic card is 3.0, but according to my research on the internet , this should not be a problem ( unless you guys know better )

That's all
Thanks
Have fun

Bob Morgret

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
Same thing is happening to me some moron is in my system he installed a remote video controller in my nvidea driver after clean install and driver sweep it auto reinstalled it also screwed my partitions the system seen no hard drives I have 3 installed in process of a full clean up good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.