• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Finder + a lot more inaccessible after switching and deleting drives

DogeUsedWow

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017
Hi there!

I followed a Youtube tutorial on copying your files from one drive to another including Windows using Macrium Reflect. I changed the boot priority from my old HDD to my new SSD and everything seemed fine (booting was way faster). So I then deleted all the files on my hard drive by dragging them into the recycle bin. The next thing I know is that all my icons dissapear, my wallpaper turns black and finder suddenly doesn't exist anymore. I also can't right click the windows logo anymore. When I get to "this pc" things like downloads or documents are inaccessible stating that the location can't be found because it's been deleted or moved.

I tried disconnecting my old drive but this had no effect except making the new drive the local station. I should still have all the files on my new drive, is there a way to get everything back to normal without having to do a clean reinstall?

Thanks in advance!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS