Finding a International shipping company or online store(to Japan)?

Shiggy

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
I am currently in middle of purchasing the new rig.

I have 6 items left that is unable to ship, to Japan.

I was initially going to use a International shipping company called Bongo International. However due to card issues I was held back for few days. I cancelled the order during that time, and cleared the card so purchasing were able.

Though, after going through that trouble I chose to double check Bongo International by reading some reviews. I later found out that Bongo issues sky high on shipping. Some reviewers were saying when they checked the shipping was about $60, however after finalizing with Bongo they charge about $300.

I'm estimating the shipping to be anywhere less than $150 would be reasonable.

Can anyone help me with finding the right International shipping company with a US address(to ship items from US store to the US address, then ship to Japan).

I am also open to finding out new online stores for PC parts that will ship world-wide.

The only shops I mainly use is Newegg(to research products), and Amazon(to purchase), so I may be missing out on many PC parts store that ships world-wide that I haven't checked yet.

what exactly are you looking to purchase? also you do realize that some items you buy from the usa will be on the usa power standard correct? in order to use them in japan you will need to make sure they are capable of handling the power rating and will need an adapter plug as well. while true that most products should be fine this is worth mentioning.

are the items unavailable from amazon.co.jp?

also are the items unavailable within japan? akihabara tokyo has some pretty big tech shops.

fedex, ups and all of the large carriers are going to cost you an arm and a leg to ship with. the best way to ship would be via standard post (post office) which is similar to EMS in japan. in fact when i order via EMS shipping from japan our post office handles all of the delivery. the differences in price can be quite high. i know fedex from japan to usa they quoted me $300 while ems was $30 and arrived perhaps a few days later. crazy.

Shiggy

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

~From Amazon.com~
Asus Z87-A DDR3 1600 LGA 1150 Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Dual FTW Graphics Card with ACX Cooler
G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
WD My Passport 500GB Portable External Hard Drive
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro
Logisysy LDKMTBL1 Single Blue Meteor Light Kit

~From CMstore~
HAF 932 Blue LED On/Off 230mm Fan
HAF 932 Transparent Acrylic Side Window Panel(OEM)

I said 6 first, but it's 8. I was staying away from listing the parts as the information would be irrelevant to the original question which I seek the answer to the most, which is not about availability of the product in Japan. Thank you for mentioning about the adapters and I completely understand about the difference.

I have checked amazon.co.jp, as well as kakaku.com and about 5 other PC parts online store for Japan mentioned on one of the thread on this forum, and managed to find only the Asus Z87-A motherboard.

I have noticed that there may also be the 500GB external HDD as well, but as far as I know there is no product of this available online, meaning it's probably in store purchase, or perhaps doesn't even sell in Japan.

When you mention Akihabara shops, do you mean they have their online store for shipping? or just the fact that there are shops to walk into and buy?

Just to add, I'm not experienced with searching for PC parts in Japanese sites. I have always searched and purchased from US stores. Due to this it's completely possible that I may have simply been looking at the wrong places meaning maybe all of the parts I mentioned is actually available in Japan's online PC parts store, somewhere.

i was looking at amazon.co.jp and they have the evga gtx 780 as well as some other good products. you would need to do a price comparison and may need to change certain items in your build (ie a different ram manufacturer).

the trouble with buying from usa is shipping. i just looked at international post and its rather high (higher than i paid to ship from japan to here!) but ups is higher still. it looks like you are going to get hit with a high cost no matter what.

akiba ships often have online stores but arent going to have the inventory that many of the large online retailers do.

probably not a huge help...

Shiggy

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

I am assuming the EVGA GTX 780 you managed to find on Amazon.co.jp is the SC version of the EVGA GTX 780 while what I am looking for is the FTW version. FTW version is one or two grade higher than SC version. Also, the price difference between US shop and Japan is already about $300 for this single product. Combine other products that may be available and the total difference easily goes to about $500 difference.

~If buying the above product in Japan~
Asus Z87-a motherboard - JPY 14,480 ($144) same price
EVGA GTX 780 SC - JPY 81,180 ($810) ridiculously high and this is one grade lower
WD 500GB external HDD - JPY 12,600 ($120) more than double price
G.Skill 16GB - JPY 21,300 ($210) double the price

Total: $1280

~If the four items above was bought in US~
Total: $870

To this total($1280) I would then have to also add 4 other product not available in Japan, which will be about $100 total in parts, and whatever the shipping cost will be for the International shipping company. So I would estimate about $1500 to $1600 in total while getting slightly lower version of parts.

If buying everything in US the sum will be about $950, and whatever the International Shipping will be. I would estimate to be anywhere from $1100 to $1150 in total while getting all of the original parts.

So going back to the original question this is why I'm looking for the right International shipping company with a US address, or simply a US online store that offers world-wide shipping(like Amazon).

Shiggy

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013

Thank you for the post, however I am not looking for confirmation or opinion that international shipping will cost high. I am specifically looking for names of the International Shipping company so I can compare between the companies for the best price.

I am also open to finding out online stores that offers world-wide shipping(like amazon) that offers the PC parts.

Steve111

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
Hy,
Few months ago I bought a car online from Germany, to Billings-United I found the best price at delivery, the car came to Nevada in perfect condition and in record time. I can say that this was the first time using this company for delivery outside the United States and am very pleased. They deliver all over the world... take a look at there website ( http://billings-united.com/ )

Andrew9988

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
Hy,
I've had enough bad experiences in the past with various delivery companies ... I got scratched car .... Package opened .... Packaging broken ... Now i use Billings-United, Steve you are absolutely right about Billings-United.com ... are fast, have good prices and are professionals . This is the link ( http://billings-united.com/ )