Finding a new Motherboard and Processor

Jul 16, 2018
I’m trying to find a new motherboard because i want to keep up with games mostly in 1080p but my motherboard can’t handle it because it does not have a built-in processor unit i can use so it has to use the motherboard’s own processor it, so it can’t go high fps or good graphics or otherwise the game crashes. So i’m needing some help to find a new motherboard which it’s not too pricey, but also not outdated, and maybe a new processor with it (THE BRAND HAS TO BE GIGABYTE). I need to know the price(£), what it is and what it looks like (just to have a look at it). Maximum price would say about £200-250

My PC Specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3gb
16Gb of RAM Dual-Channel DDR3

Not sure what else you want but tell me and I’ll response as quick as i can.

Solution
" I’m trying to find a new motherboard because i want to keep up with games mostly in 1080p but my motherboard can’t handle it because it does not have a built-in processor unit i can use so it has to use the motherboard’s own processor it, so it can’t go high fps or good graphics or otherwise the game crashes"

None of that makes any sense to me.

Anyway new motherboard okay. Any thoughts on CPU? AMD or intel? Budget for CPU? I could just start recommending random motherboards but knowing at least your budget for a CPU and intel or AMD would really help me narrow down what motherboard to recommend. Any logical reason why it "HAS TO BE GIGABYTE"? Imo brand loyalty is stupid especially when it comes to PC components, get what suits...

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
" I’m trying to find a new motherboard because i want to keep up with games mostly in 1080p but my motherboard can’t handle it because it does not have a built-in processor unit i can use so it has to use the motherboard’s own processor it, so it can’t go high fps or good graphics or otherwise the game crashes"

None of that makes any sense to me.

Anyway new motherboard okay. Any thoughts on CPU? AMD or intel? Budget for CPU? I could just start recommending random motherboards but knowing at least your budget for a CPU and intel or AMD would really help me narrow down what motherboard to recommend. Any logical reason why it "HAS TO BE GIGABYTE"? Imo brand loyalty is stupid especially when it comes to PC components, get what suits your purposes the most and best fit's your budget at any given time.

Solution