Question Finding BIOS file to flash chip with ch341a programmer

Jan 27, 2021
I have a CH341A programmer connected to my BIOS chip. I can read successfully from the chip. Need to find the correct format BIOS file to flash to the chip.
The PC is an Asus FA706II. The drivers are here, however they don't provide the expected Bin file, or any file suitable to be flashed directly to the chip. The two options i have:
(1) Windows EXE file, which I extracted, to find loads of files but no .bin / .rom etc.. There is a file in there of 16kb which is too big for the chip.
(2) Bios for Asus EZFlash utility. I would have expected this to work, however it's also too big for the chip. Some people have mentioned that Asus have .cap files, however this is just named FA706II-AS.314 and its also 16kb. I've tried downloading a renaming utility (which normally works on the .cap files to convert to bios readable files) but it doesn't work, file type unsupported.

Any help much appreciated ?

Jan 27, 2021
Update, I renamed the file to FA706II.cap, then I ran the bios renamer tool, this gave me the .rom file.
Now this file is too large, I understand that I need to extract some data out of it which is needed to flash the BIOS. Anybody know how to extract the needed data?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS