System32_76

Commendable
Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there are any CPU, RAM, HDD, etc. manufacturers
out there that make these components in the US instead of China?

I'm most curious about AMD because I know Intel has multiple
manufacturing facilities right here in the US.

Last edited:

System32_76

Commendable
Jul 29, 2019
Intel has some fabs in the US, as does Crucial. I'm not sure where Global Foundry fabs are.

I see. But yeah, I'm looking for companies that make components like CPUs, RAM, HDDs, etc. in the US,
NOT assemble them. There's a huge difference between making and assembling when it comes to tech.
Also, if I can't find any that make them in the US, I'll settle for any other country like India or Japan, for example.

jasonf2

Distinguished
For all given purposes a fully USA sourced PC is impossible. As far as AMD they are fabless and are having TSMC produce the majority of their chips (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company). Intel is global and while they have some fabs in the US I can't remember buying a consumer Intel chip that isn't from Malaysia or abroad. Motherboards are all Asian pacific rim and GPUs chips are TSMC or Samsung production from Nvidia or AMD with board production in the Asian Pacific rim as well. Cases are all China. If you buy a factory unit they are all assembled in China by foxcon or equivalent . Apple tried to bring some assembly back into the US a few years ago, but I don't really thing that it fared well.

ragnarok0274

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
I had an R5 1600X that said "Diffused in USA" and "Made in China", and then I got an R5 3600 (unfortunate incident with cleaning) which said "Diffused in Taiwan" and "Made in Phillipines".

TRENDING THREADS