Finding out what's wrong with my PC

Oct 15, 2018
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB EVGA SC
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.20 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3
MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA 880GM-UD2H
PSU: Corsair VS550W
HDD: Seagate ST2000DM001 2TB

A few days ago the CPU in my computer blew so I had to use a replacement motherboard and cpu from another computer because I didn't have the money to get a new motherboard/cpu. I formatted the HDD, installed windows and everything seemed to be working. I installed the NVIDIA Drivers for my GPU and tried to play some games like CS:GO and PUBG but both performed very badly with CSGO I was constantly getting FPS Stutter and it wouldn't go above 50, PUBG was similar except around 30 FPS and some stuttering.

I've seen videos of people with the same CPU and similar GPU (1050,970) get much higher FPS than me which is why I'm confused. I've used MSI Afterburner to see what the problem could be, the CPU was usually at about 50-90% usage [strike]and the temperatures were fine[/strike] (nevermind they are not). I've checked to see if the RAM was the issue by trying different RAM sticks or only using 1x8 GB but it's the same result and I've also used memory diagnostic and it's come out fine.

My windows update is up to date except this one update I can't seem to install:

KbcUHD1.png

I've tried downloading it manually but that didn't work either.

Another Issue is the blue screens that seem to randomly occur, I've looked up their meaning and how to diagnose them but none of that seems to help, these are the Blue screen codes I get:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

I usually only get MEMORY_MANAGEMENT most of the time but have gotten the others once or twice. I'm really not sure what I should do until I can get a new Motherboard and CPU, I need to find out some way to diagnose what's wrong with my PC cause I can't figure it out.

EDIT: I noticed my CPU temp might be a bit high as well, it's hanging around 80°C when Idle... I re-applied thermal paste and it is now down to 77°C
E4bk3AE.png

I'm starting to think it might be due to CPU Temp?

Oct 15, 2018

I used windows media creation tool to install windows and I originally took my games from another hard drive but then re-downloaded them to make sure.

In my experience it was memory. I solved like this. Do not think the HDD is the cause of the problem but you could run SeaTools on it to discard it as being the culprit.