Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ_Anthony

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
I purchased a Dell Inspiron 11-3168, and I was told by Dell support themselves that it can be upgraded to 4GB of ram. I have the ram, but for the life of me I CAN NOT find where to add the sticks! There appears to be no DDR3/DDR3L sticks anywhere on the motherboard or on any other circuitry for that matter. Has anyone ever worked with this little 2-in-1's?

Solution
Also download CPUz and install that as well and run it. Once open click on the SPD tab. It will list the memory slots. See how many it says there are.

but again on the 2-in-1's and a lot of low end tables and netbooks they RAM is soilderd to the motherboard.

RJ_Anthony

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
That's not what Dell had told me. The above video I've seen however and unfortunately the 3000 series has a very wide variety of laptops, which is why I listed my specific model.

So that all said, if Dell is wrong about their own product (which I REALLY hope not since they spent a combined 35 minutes triple checking they were all looking at my laptop model numbers and spec), this means I'd need to find a new motherboard that carries more ram, right?

haha yea no. A class 10 means it can do 10 MB a second so yea not very fast. You can better using a USB 3.0 SSD or Flash drive (By like a 32GB mSATA and get like a USB 3.0 adapter)

Also looks like there are a few models. Do me a favor. Download HWinfo and run it.

https://www.fosshub.com/HWiNFO.html

Download the first link.

When you open it click on the Save Report link. You will have to upload the html file to a drop box or google drive or file hosting site then post link back here this way i can get the exact specs on it.

Also download CPUz and install that as well and run it. Once open click on the SPD tab. It will list the memory slots. See how many it says there are.

but again on the 2-in-1's and a lot of low end tables and netbooks they RAM is soilderd to the motherboard.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.