Question Finding the right UPS.

nathanfusselman

Commendable
Apr 25, 2019
So I am looking for 2 UPSs that are capable of running about 100 watts for 2 hours on each. I would like to keep each on under $150 but if that is just way too unreasonable then just let me know.

I have looked and looked for days now and there just is not a good comparison site that is not for super large units. Also there is no way that I have found to search by battery size instead of power rating.

I am thinking that it should be about 750-1000VA and have 2-3 12V/12Ah batteries to be able and supply that time.

Thanks for everything.

Lutfij

Titan
Where are you located and what sort of UPS's do you have access to? The other side of the question is what sort of a system are you trying to provide battery backup to? List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

nathanfusselman

Commendable
Apr 25, 2019
Yea I agree that it probably will not be a consumer driven model. But I have seen a could that are older that have multiple batteries in it and allow for lover power rating and more Ah for more runtime.

Now let’s say this forget the budget just I would like to know what the cheapest option would be to satisfy those needs.

Also if it makes it cheaper I could run the items on the same UPS and that might work.

nathanfusselman

Commendable
Apr 25, 2019
Where are you located and what sort of UPS's do you have access to? The other side of the question is what sort of a system are you trying to provide battery backup to? List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Not that it really matters but one UPS if for networking, it will have a modem, router, NAS. That all totals about 100watts.

For the other it is an iMac that idles at 75 and under medium load goes to about 125 watts so average is around 100watts as well.

I mean i don’t really get what you mean by have access to but I am in the DFW area.

oczdude8

Distinguished