Finding what kind of motherboard is in my PC with XP, SP2

JJ

Please help someone. I want to download a program called Motherboard Monitor
but I don't know how to tell what brand motherboard I have. I have searched
in System Information but Im not sure what I am looking for by name. I see
motherboard names I have read about or heard about but don't know whats in my
PC. Thanks all for your help with this NEWBE. I'll learn.JJ

Aida32 or Belarc Advisor can find this info.

Aida32 ver. 3.93 For 9x/NT/2K/XP. The original — and, in some ways, better
than its successor.
http://www.aumha.org/downloads/aida32.zip

Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit (version 6.1f)

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:F95A54C4-2F6F-4168-A0A6-B9539917050D@microsoft.com,
JJ <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Please help someone. I want to download a program called Motherboard
> Monitor but I don't know how to tell what brand motherboard I have. I
> have searched in System Information but Im not sure what I am looking for
> by name. I see motherboard names I have read about or heard about but
> don't know whats in my PC. Thanks all for your help with this NEWBE. I'll
> learn.JJ

JJ

Motherboard Monitor is no longer supported.. try this program instead..

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

It is called SpeedFan.. it does work.. I have it installed..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

JJ wrote:
> Please help someone. I want to download a program called Motherboard Monitor
> but I don't know how to tell what brand motherboard I have. I have searched
> in System Information but Im not sure what I am looking for by name. I see
> motherboard names I have read about or heard about but don't know whats in my
> PC. Thanks all for your help with this NEWBE. I'll learn.JJ

The most obvious places to look would be in the computer's manual or on
the manufacturer's web site. Failing that:

1) Start > Run > MSinfo32.exe.

2) Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information

3) Start > Run > DXDiag.exe.

4) Right-click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager.

5) If none of the built-in tools provide the information you want, you
can use these utilities to help determine the answer to your question:

SiSoft's Sandra
http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/index.php?dir=&location=sware_dl&lang=en

Belarc Advisor

Unlimited Possibilities' AIDA32