Fingerprint Reader Software for Vostro

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi,
There's a notebook of a friend of mine.
Its a DELL Vostro 3350 comes with Ubuntu. He installed the fresh Windows 7 (I think 32-bit!) and downloaded all of drivers from DELL's website.
Also the Vostro comes with a fingerprint reader,it is installed into the Device Manager-> Validity sensors (WBF) (PID=0011)
But there is no software for that. I tried a version of Digital Persona for that but it didn't work.
Any suggestions :)
Thanks

I suggest you input teh Service Tag key from the label on the case into the box at Dell's site to find the precise driver for the equipment they installed into that specific machine. They should have one although they probably recognise that Ubuntu would identify it whereas Windows often cannot. :D

G

Ow, thanx for the reply but he did all these things. I saw the Device Manager. Under Category of Biometric Devices it recognizes as Validity Sensors (WBF)(PID=0011)

All I can say is there is not any software included on the DELL's Page!! to use the hardware. Maybe I'm wrong but we couldn't find the software

G

In addition to previous problem here is another problem to that laptop!!!!
we have the latest BIOS on it A07

The problem is when I switch it on, it randomly boots up. after I pressing the power button the three WEIRD buttons on top-right of the keyboard start to blinking

and system shuts down again & again till after several times of this weird process finally system boots.

I've tested it with/without its 8-cell battery, the same thing happens.

Thank you.

irtaza123

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Hi,

I resolved this issue with installing of this software from sensor manufacturer:

www.validityinc.com/post.aspx

You need also to have installed in advance Validity sensor drivers from Dell web portal.

I hope it will help you :)

CorvinN

Reputable
May 25, 2015

Hi there,

If you are using by now Windows 8/8.1 forget about the DigitalPersona software and use Lenovo application(yes, on Dell Vostro Laptop).It worked immediately after installation and fingerprint enrollment.
Here are the dwonload links:
Windows 8
Windows 8.1

Best regards,
Corvin

Status
Not open for further replies.