[SOLVED] Finished build but some debug lights are lit on on my motherboard ?

TGatlin

Reputable
Jan 7, 2017
I just finished my first build, and the PC powers on successfully. All case fans are spinning, and the RGB lighting for my fans, RAM, motherboard, and GPU are on.

However, of the four debug lights on my motherboard, the CPU light and VGA light come on.

The CPU debug light only flashes for a second right as the PC is turned on, and then turns off. I have read other threads that state this is normal behavior and is just the motherboard running a "check" - Can anyone verify this?
The VGA debug light, however, stays on. My GPU's fans also initially spin when the PC is turned on, but stop spinning after about 20 seconds, I also read that this is normal GPU behavior. The RGB lights on the GPU also stay on.

I also connected the PC to a monitor, but it does not display anything.
  • Motherboard: MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
  • GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
  • RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 CL16
To note: I have not yet used the Flash BIOS update option available with my motherboard. I am not sure if this could be causing a problem or not. As my motherboard box states, "3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Ready," I am pretty sure I need to update the BIOS as I have a 5000 series CPU. However, I thought that the CPU debug light would remain on if that was the case? I also do not yet have an OS installed on my PC.

If anyone could help give some guidance on these debug lights, I would greatly appreciate it. As I mentioned, this is my first build, so I am a little lost on where to even begin.

Thank you.