[SOLVED] Finished Ryzen build and not getting any power - HELP!!!

Jul 17, 2019
Hello Friends,

I just finished a Ryzen build. here is what im working with:

Ryzen 2700x
Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 32GB(4x8GB) 3200MHz
Asus ROG x470-7
Samsung 970plus 1TB
Thermaltake 850w

Here is where im at: I finished the build. Plugged in the power cord, flipped the switch on the PSU and the MOBO lights came on. There is also an amber status light that on next to the Sata connectors. When I press the power button I get nothing. I have removed and reseated all the PSU cables. I removed and reseated the RAM. I reseated all the front panel connectors with and without the jumper. I still get nothing.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Solution
You still could run into issues when you get a gpu put in.
That possible problem would be with you ram.
When all slots are populated the memory speed is defaulted to the imc defaualt speed which the 2000 series is 2933.

So if it doesn't boot up right go into bios set your dram frequency to say 2666 to 2933 and retry.
So just a heads up on the ram speed.
A work around is 2x 16gb for the 32gb.
Lets us know how it turns out.
Jul 17, 2019
I have, no luck. I do not currently have a GPU, I am still saving up for that part. Could that be causing this? I know I wouldn't get any video since the Ryzen doesn't have integrated graphics, I just don't know why it wouldn't be powering on.

PdxPetmonster

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
Is there a alphanumeric readout on the mobo that gives any type of code? Or does the motherboard give beep codes? I'd look into either of those to try and nail down where the issue is. I'm betting it has something to do with no video card, but I can't say for sure.

Jul 17, 2019
Is there a alphanumeric readout on the mobo that gives any type of code? Or does the motherboard give beep codes? I'd look into either of those to try and nail down where the issue is. I'm betting it has something to do with no video card, but I can't say for sure.
The only indicator light is the amber light that's below the sata connectors. This indicates that the board is getting power. No other status lights.

Soaptrail

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2015
It should have a light for the GPU to be missing i have seen much older Asus boards with lights instead of beeps when the core components are missing. My Z97 has red lights that stay on if the CPU, RAM, or GPU are missing. What does the manual show?

You still could run into issues when you get a gpu put in.
That possible problem would be with you ram.
When all slots are populated the memory speed is defaulted to the imc defaualt speed which the 2000 series is 2933.

So if it doesn't boot up right go into bios set your dram frequency to say 2666 to 2933 and retry.
So just a heads up on the ram speed.
A work around is 2x 16gb for the 32gb.
Lets us know how it turns out.

Solution