Fire 10 HD 11th Generation Case vs. 9th

Titanion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
This seems like a petty question, but when I attempted to research it, I had a hard time getting past advertisements and finding an answer.

I have a nice, black, leather case that fits a 9th generation Fire 10 HD, but I broke the device. I have a used 11th generation Fire 10 HD on the way, and I am curious about how hard it is to mod my current case to fit the newer device.

How are they different in terms of the location of ports and buttons?

Thanks

USAFRet

Titan
This seems like a petty question, but when I attempted to research it, I had a hard time getting past advertisements and finding an answer.

I have a nice, black, leather case that fits a 9th generation Fire 10 HD, but I broke the device. I have a used 11th generation Fire 10 HD on the way, and I am curious about how hard it is to mod my current case to fit the newer device.

How are they different in terms of the location of ports and buttons?

Thanks
Since you have the new tablet already on the way, just wait until it arrives.
See what is different.

Titanion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
The magnets in the case, or whatever is used to power on the device when the lid is opened, are not even in the same location, so the older case will not power it on when opened.

The holes for camera and buttons could be modified, but the shape is off just enough to make it not a smooth fit, like a centimeter longer for width and a centimeter shorter for height.

I can understand the need for new CPU or ram sockets, but this is dumb. I ordered the same model I liked for $20 and it fits great.

And a positive review for GoodWillFinds. The used 11th generation Fire HD 10 64GB tablet works great. $52 total on the order. and FireTools from XDA opened up Android and Google features on it just fine.

Last edited: