Fire GL 3

G

Hi,

I have the Fire GL3 graphics card running on a MSI 694D Pro motherboard.

Every time the card enters OpenGL mode it crashes the system. ATI say its a timing problem with the AGP port.

Does anyone have a compatibility list for this graphics card which guaranties stability?? Or has anyone been able to run this card smoothly under 2000?

Regards

Mike Atkin

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Did you try another video card in the AGP Slot. And try to run opengl and directx stuff. do you have the lastest FireGL drivers. What OS your using Win 95, 98, ME or Win Nt 4, 2k(5), xp(5.1)

Nice Nvidia and ATi users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

G

It could be a power problem. Fire Gl's and other workstation video cards need a lot of power. It just might be really unstable, and thats all it takes to push it over the edge?

Anyway, call me crazy, but why on earth do you have a GL 3?

:eek: <font color=blue>I for one run Quake 3 on a P133(No MMX)</font color=blue>I have no affiliatioin w/ Intel

G

It consumes 50w and doesn’t have a problem with power. Its when it enters OpenGL mode it crashes a minute later.

I use the GL 3 for 3d graphics; or should I say would like too.

I have used other graphics cards (Matrox G450) in the system and it works fine.

I'm running w2k sp2 with all the updates including ones for FireGL.

This is a known problem with ATI they are currently trying to fix the problem.

Has anyone else come across this problem? If not what system hardware is the GL 3 running on.?

G

Have you tried adjusting the agp driving value in the bios, that motherboard is a via chipset, no? If it is, it may be a conflict with the chipset, i have seen fire gl2s (not gl3s though), run fine on intel 840 and amd chipset machines.