[SOLVED] Firecuda 520 1tb M.2 SSD doesn't work on z590 mobo ?

Mooser101

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
i have a question about my 1tb 520 firecuda m.2 drive.
i read manual and it says that mobo should read gen 4 drive as a gen3 and work .
i have an asus rog strix z590 mobo, had m.2 drive installed into m.2_1 and m.2_3 slot neither detected it. i have a working m.2 drive installed in M.2_2 slot(its a gen 3 drive).
Am i wrong to assume the firecuda 520 should work with this mobo, is there anyone running gen drive on a 590 series mobo?
did i miss a firmware update or something?
Thanks, Adam

Solution
i read manual and it says that mobo should read gen 4 drive as a gen3 and work .
i have an asus rog strix z590 mobo, had m.2 drive installed into m.2_1 and m.2_3 slot neither detected it. i have a working m.2 drive installed in M.2_2 slot(its a gen 3 drive).
Am i wrong to assume the firecuda 520 should work with this mobo, is there anyone running gen drive on a 590 series mobo?
Thanks, Adam
try this M2 slot of gen 3... check your motherboards and both Seagate if they support the hard drive or Seagate having backwards compatibility. alternative or if it doesn't work try a BIOS update it should fix the problem

antonis mark

Prominent
Jan 21, 2021
Thanks, Adam
try this M2 slot of gen 3... check your motherboards and both Seagate if they support the hard drive or Seagate having backwards compatibility. alternative or if it doesn't work try a BIOS update it should fix the problem

Solution