Firefox 48 To Get Expanded Protection Against Unwanted And Uncommon Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
E10s is what im interested in. hopefully it makes firefox more responsive when you have huge number of tabs open and allows people with lots of RAM to go crazy.

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
Considering I just got hit by some malware which did a drive-by install (cryptolock, managed to hose my entire directory of photos right BEFORE the now locked files were then backed up... (major facepalm)) - yeah - I think more security would be good.

I don't care about 'google spyware'. I already have a few Gmail accounts so they already know more about my browsing than I do.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
I hate that the service requires reporting *everything* you do on the web to Google, but the reality is that they already have tremendous tracking capabilities via the analytic software every single website seems to incorporate. I'd much prefer opt-in white/black lists.

suedezu

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
Download it from here (Win x64 version)

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/48.0/win64/en-US/

3ogdy

Distinguished
People at Google look like this:
proboscis-monkey.jpg

Their heads are also shaped just like this monkey's nose.
This company's nose is too big. As many liars as there are inside it, it should not be part of Alphabet, but rather Pinocchio. In the past, people who lied had their noses cut and they were left bleeding like pigs. Today, people who do that end up getting rewards.

We should make a petition on the web for certain companies to implement this or suffer "a few" implosions.

Slatteew

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
To everyone saying they don't want the google spyware on here, you can turn it off in about:config. Search:
browser.safebrowsing.enabled = False
browser.safebrowsing.malware.enabled = False

Yes, it's a security risk to disable these, but it increases your privacy overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.