Firefox 5 Out June 21; Download it Here Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

illo

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]Already had it Toms before the article. To tell everyone, there is nothing new...at the moment.[/citation]

heres the new...

Added support for CSS animations
The Do-Not-Track header preference has been moved to increase discoverability
Improved canvas, JavaScript, memory, and networking performance
Improved standards support for HTML5, XHR, MathML, SMIL, and canvas
Improved spell checking for some locales
Improved desktop environment integration for Linux users
WebGL content can no longer load cross-domain textures

G

Firefox 5, 6, and 7 are just minor changes. Instead of releasing it as Firefox 4.1, .2, and .3 they up the version number to appeal to the stupid majority, since they see Firefox as immature compared to IE 9 and Chrome 13

G

fine, you win, i'll click every Firefox headline if you insist..... someone needs to tell that poor girl to watermark her pix and start charging royalties

mickrussom

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2008
Firefox 4 was trash. Rubbish. It was a cut down version. It was trying to be like Chrome. It sucked at that. It was bad at being Firefox. I will stick with 3.6.xx for a while now since the Firefox losers are off their rockers and are trying to be something they are not. They are kiddies trying to be MOAR LIKE CRHOME, and its failing badly. They have trash useful features and over simplified the UI - its like the Ribbon bull that Microsoft pulled or the no classic start menu. Computers are taking huge steps back. I have an Ipad2, sucks. I like the gamer box and the MBP a lot better, I can do a lot A LOT more with it. I think direction things are taking is to make software crap. Simple crap. I'm very upset that complexity, features and configurability is giving way to idiocracy.

tsmatthx2

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
Are you retarded? New programs, with more features, requires more ram lol. The first windows required what, 32MB or less to run? Now the common machine has 4-8GB ram. Because have more features now lol. It will always go up, for all of history. Because we get more....

Tell a new crysis 3 or BF4 to use less ram but at the same time increase their graphics and content lol, good luck.

smuggl3r

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
I tried to switch from Firefox to Chrome, but I went back to Firefox. The reason: when I open a link in a new tab in firefox there is an option so that it will get focus automatically. In Chrome I can't do this. I have to click again on the tab I just opened. I clicked on the f***** link so that I can view it, not to hide it. Is it really that hard to understand, google?

carlhenry

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]smuggl3r[/nom]I tried to switch from Firefox to Chrome, but I went back to Firefox. The reason: when I open a link in a new tab in firefox there is an option so that it will get focus automatically. In Chrome I can't do this. I have to click again on the tab I just opened. I clicked on the f***** link so that I can view it, not to hide it. Is it really that hard to understand, google?[/citation]
it's because you went to a new tab. is it really that hard to click the new tab you just opened, smuggl3r?

anyway, i don't want to stray away from my main tab to the new tab since i usually click a ton of links to a new tab from the main tab. so going to the new tab automatically would ruin the experience - at least for me.

then again, is it really that hard to click the new tab you just opened, smuggl3r?

shompa

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
When will Chrome/Firefox get RSS bookmarks? I don't understand people who have bookmarks and don't use RSS bookmarks. I want to see on my bookmark how many new articles there are on the site + when I use the bookmark a get a short RSS feed with all new articles.

Static bookmarks are so 1995

PreferLinux

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
[citation][nom]shompa[/nom]When will Chrome/Firefox get RSS bookmarks? I don't understand people who have bookmarks and don't use RSS bookmarks. I want to see on my bookmark how many new articles there are on the site + when I use the bookmark a get a short RSS feed with all new articles. Static bookmarks are so 1995[/citation]
Firefox has them, and had them long before IE. Live Bookmarks, if you want their name. Mozilla owns the RSS feed logo, FYI.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]tsmatthx2[/nom]Are you retarded? New programs, with more features, requires more ram lol. The first windows required what, 32MB or less to run? Now the common machine has 4-8GB ram. Because have more features now lol. It will always go up, for all of history. Because we get more....Tell a new crysis 3 or BF4 to use less ram but at the same time increase their graphics and content lol, good luck.[/citation]

they have kept roughly the same ram levels for a long time.
and with a browser like firefox, where extentions are the key to why it was so well liked, why add more bloat features that many of us dont give 2 @$%#s about, and let us add them later if wanted as extensions.

we dont like bloat ever in things, even if we get more. what i hate is i have a program that is really fast for version 8, but it crashes allot, and is hard to start up at times. version 12 fixed that problem, but its so slow with all the bloat that its un usable for its purposes

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]smuggl3r[/nom]I tried to switch from Firefox to Chrome, but I went back to Firefox. The reason: when I open a link in a new tab in firefox there is an option so that it will get focus automatically. In Chrome I can't do this. I have to click again on the tab I just opened. I clicked on the f***** link so that I can view it, not to hide it. Is it really that hard to understand, google?[/citation]
i set firefox to open new tabs under the current tab, than i right click and drag right to go to it and right click and drag left to go to the previous tab, love it so more than going to new ling automatically.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]shompa[/nom]When will Chrome/Firefox get RSS bookmarks? I don't understand people who have bookmarks and don't use RSS bookmarks. I want to see on my bookmark how many new articles there are on the site + when I use the bookmark a get a short RSS feed with all new articles. Static bookmarks are so 1995[/citation]

sage, i use a version i believe that was redone by a japanese person because sage wasnt officialy on 3.5 for a while. sage is probably the best rss option in firefox and a main reason i use it constantly

G

Bueno, se perdieron todas las reglas. Ahora los cambios importantes se veran cada 10 o 20 versiones. Culpa de Chrome que ya va por la 11 y para mi es una 1.1. Y ni hablar del kernel de Linux que paso a la version 3 sin ningun cambio relevante.

Status
Not open for further replies.