Firefox 50 Nightly Brings Contextual Identity Containers To Isolate Personal, Work Browsing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sh4dow83

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
Ah, how I miss the times when all I needed to keep separate identities was different user names and email addresses...

Now it's all ad-blocking and using VPN, not using the dominant search engine or browser released by a certain company that is trying to rule the world... and more.

Which reminds me to buy myself a decent notepad and pen... and stop using my Gmail accounts...

gangrel

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2012
Good luck with dropping your email... :)

I am kinda surprised it's taken this long, I guess. I can certainly see that ensuring identity isolation takes a fair bit of work, tho.

I guess they needed Electrolysis (their process separation re-factoring) to be live before they could do that. Now that Electrolysis left beta, they can do session isolation better than their Private Mode's "don't save anything to disk" implementation.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I keep different browsers to fill in that need. So glad Firefox is listening to their users, instead of chromium opera alienating their core fan base in not just user interface.
(I was shocked to find myself logged into the chrome accounts upon a new install of Opera, or being logged off from chrome when clearing browsing data from opera...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS