Firefox and other programs/mouse cursor keep flickering

Pragtical

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
So I changed my settings on my laptop (This PC>Properties>Adv. Settings) in hopes to make it perform better; some of the things I changed were:

-Changed the pagefile space to what was recommended by my laptop (3957 MB)
-Adjusted for the best performance of programs
-Minimized the Appearance options for better performance

I also used Razer Cortex to tweak my laptop as well. After I did all of this I restarted as I was prompted, logged back in, and upon opening Firefox I saw the border of the window flickering whenever I would load a new page. I also noticed flickering of certain programs, mainly fullscreen games. It would show the desktop for a split-second and go back to the game's screen, all while my cursor was constantly changing between the 'normal' and 'busy' phases. The only way I can get the programs to stop flickering is by running them in Compability Mode, which only creates other complications.

I was hoping that someone on here would help me find out what I did wrong, because I've had this problem before and after trying a plethora of things I had no other option but to reset my laptop. Thank you in advance, any help is appreciated. :)

EDIT: Computer's Specs:

Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU w/Radeon™ Graphics 1.90 GHz
Memory:6 GB of RAM
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7640G
Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64-bit)1

Pragtical

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
Well, I think I managed to fix it....I knew that it wouldn't be caused by anything within my computer's system, so that basically left Razer Cortex as the culprit. It seems as if I mistweaked my laptop; to solve it I uninstalled Razer Cortex, reinstalled it, and did the default tweaks that the clean installation came with. It seems that those default tweaks overrode the bad ones.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS