[SOLVED] Firefox browser

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
Sorry can't find a place for this and no website suitable. I am tearing my hair out with web browser securety. First google chrome now firefox. I want to access my bank acount but these browsers are refusing to let me in. Can anyone show me how to but amn end to firefox securety once and for all?

Solution
What operating system are you using?
Are your browsers up to date?

The certificate warning messages are typical of unsupported or non-updated versions of browsers.

-Wolf sends

USAFRet

Titan
Sorry can't find a place for this and no website suitable. I am tearing my hair out with web browser securety. First google chrome now firefox. I want to access my bank acount but these browsers are refusing to let me in. Can anyone show me how to but amn end to firefox securety once and for all?
Try a different browser.
I use FireFox almost exclusively.

Trying to access certain parts of my credit card site (BoA) would fail.
I finally tried using Edge. Zero issues.

Some website or functions simply do not like some browsers.

Blackink

Distinguished
Some banks require you to provide some way that they can make a contact to verify it's really you, like a text message to your phone.
And if you haven't made access to a bank in a while, they may ask for verification again to make sure it's you.

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
I have tried difrent browsers. This used to work. Also I cant even visit a supermarket like Tesco. What securety issues would a supermarket need. Here are images...

http://www.desmond-otoole.co.uk/Tesco_Chrome.jpg
http://www.desmond-otoole.co.uk/Teco_Firefox.jpg

You have to admit this is totaly stupid. Lookily my own website is not blocked

Blocked
Lloyds bank (UK)
Teco supermarket

OK
TSB bank (UK)
Microsoft
Twitter
Facebook
Morrisons supermarket
British gas
ebay
paypal

Last edited:

Blackink

Distinguished
Ahhhhh yes, I remember something like that happened to me and I found the Avast software was the problem.
Once I removed that, the problem was solved.

That was a few years ago, I forgot all about it until now!!

Glad you figured it out.