Question Firefox hangs, Windows Audio terminates

Countess_C

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
A weird problem started happening today. When I watch videos on Youtube, Firefox freezes after a while, and then there is a red circle with an x on the audio icon.

In the Windows log it says that firefox.exe was terminated because it stopped cooperating with Windows. It says the same about svchost.exe

And it says that the service Windows Audio was terminated unexpectedly.

I have to reboot the computer by clicking the reset button on the PC case.

What is going on, and how do I stop this from happening?

Edit: I see that Adblocker Ultimate updated today, and maybe it's buggy.

Last edited:
A weird problem started happening today. When I watch videos on Youtube, Firefox freezes after a while, and then there is a red circle with an x on the audio icon.

In the Windows log it says that firefox.exe was terminated because it stopped cooperating with Windows. It says the same about svchost.exe

And it says that the service Windows Audio was terminated unexpectedly.

I have to reboot the computer by clicking the reset button on the PC case.

What is going on, and how do I stop this from happening?

Edit: I see that Adblocker Ultimate updated today, and maybe it's buggy.
What version of FF are you running?

Turn the ad blocker off and watch some YT vids.......test.

Countess_C

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
What version of FF are you running?

Turn the ad blocker off and watch some YT vids.......test.

I use 103.0.2

Tried without the adblocker and it froze again. :(

Edit: Now it freezes when I try to go on Discord.

Edit 2: And now it froze when I went to Mozilla's support site...

Last edited:

Countess_C

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
And it happened again. Was watching a Youtube video and the browser froze. I couldn't even play music, the player didn't even start playing the music, so it just stood still at 0:00. Had to re-install the EVGA NU drivers again. :rolleyes: Now it works, but for how long?

I'm probably just talking to myself here, so I guess I will just have to wait and see if some kind of update will fix the problem. If it's an EVGA problem, then I doubt it will be fixed. The driver hasn't been updated in two years.

And it happened again. Was watching a Youtube video and the browser froze. I couldn't even play music, the player didn't even start playing the music, so it just stood still at 0:00. Had to re-install the EVGA NU drivers again. :rolleyes: Now it works, but for how long?

I'm probably just talking to myself here, so I guess I will just have to wait and see if some kind of update will fix the problem. If it's an EVGA problem, then I doubt it will be fixed. The driver hasn't been updated in two years.
Have you updated ff?
The last update had something to do with yt hangs.

Countess_C

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
Have you updated ff?
The last update had something to do with yt hangs.
Yes, I saw that and updated when it was released. The problem seems to affect all browsers, though.

I saw that the Realtek sound was active, so I inactivated it, in case there was a conflict there. I think I inactivated it back when I installed the EVGA NU card, but it must have been reactivaded for some reason.