Firefox Is Acting Very Strange - No Menu Icon, Video Can't Play & Opera Window Opens Help

castace

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015
Hi. I'm having trouble with Firefox. For some reason there is no menu bar and I can't get into normal functions like addons and such. Also, when I try to play a streaming video, it just shows a white screen where the video is supposed to be and there are dots on the white screen. On the top left hand corner, there is an arrow pointing up and the address of the video (I assume). What can I do to fix this problem without uninstalling firefox if at all possible.

With Opera, once every 5 minutes or so a new window opens that is completely black. On the top of the window, in the title bar it says "Untitled" first, then it says "Requesting Permission" then after about 20 seconds total, it disappears, It's a really big hassle. I tried disabling all my extensions but that didn't work and now I don't know what to do. I really don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall it again. Can you help me with that?

Finally, I have a 64GB microSD card. I put it in a USB card reader and put it in my computer and it picks it up and then it disappears. I've tried formatting it, but it doesn't help. I think there's something you can do in command prompt to fix it but I'm not sure what. If you have any ideas on how to fix this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
To get the menu back, right click in the open area above the address line and click on menu bar. Also may want to go into FF Options , advanced and see if Hardware Acceleration is on or off, try it the other way for the video. The other I would guess as malware, Malwarebytes, mentioned above would be a good choice.
Have you tried Chrome or Edge browsers? You might want to run SFC to scan for and attempt to correct any corrupt system files. To do that open an administrator command prompt and issue this command: sfc /scannow . It will run 10 - 20 min.

Good luck.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
To get the menu back, right click in the open area above the address line and click on menu bar. Also may want to go into FF Options , advanced and see if Hardware Acceleration is on or off, try it the other way for the video. The other I would guess as malware, Malwarebytes, mentioned above would be a good choice.

Solution