Firefox Metro for Windows 8 to Go Public in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredrik Aldhagen

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
Do they track browser usage through ads? That may explain Firefox and Chrome's low numbers compared to Internet Explorer (installing an ad blocker in FF or Chrome is easy, not so much in IE)

Tuishimi

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
I've had to switch back from Chrome to FF in the past months. It seemed to happen when the split with Apple occurred, but one of the major apps I use for work stopped working with Chrome.

Another doesn't work with IE... what a pain. Firefox is once again the only browser that seems to support just about everything.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009

Agreed and I don't even use an Apple product. I had a number of issues with Chrome about a month ago, including Chrome being updated with a beta version of flash which was not meant to be released to the public, and which didn't work well with a number of programs. That's just sloppy and inexcusable (compounded by the fact that it took them over a week to fix it).

alextheblue

Distinguished
Metro FF will be great for tablets and touchscreens. Hopefully they (or someone else) will compile an ARM version for RT devices too. Always good to have multiple browsers available, for any device.

gamecube

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
I hope Australis gets released at the same time. It's taking way to long to release it. Opera was faster at changing the look and engine of their browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.