Firefox OS Lands In Africa With $40 Orange Klif Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpin Lincoln

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015
I think it's cool that firefox is supplying countries with basic phones, even though i would like to see a mid to high end ranged phone in the US running the firefox OS.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I wonder if there's any phone companies out there willing to try a new OS on a flagship phone. I like the idea of Firefox OS and have been wondering how it's capable of competing with Android and WP8. I think the lack of apps would be a turn off for most buyers but if you get it in the right hands it could really take off and maybe do some damage to Android.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Although we're still talking small numbers here, Firefox OS has managed to become more successful than Ubuntu Touch, another open source operating system that has tried to take on Android.
I would hope that Firefox OS is more popular than Ubuntu Touch. Firefox OS has been on the market since 2013 whereas Ubuntu Touch has only been on the market a few months now.

Evan20x

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
How will the Firefox Mobile Web Browser run on only 256 MB of RAM? Has there been specific optimizations for it or something?

manon255

Reputable
May 20, 2015
The new smartphone range Klif will make available a range of attractive content, including well-established Orange services such as m.orange.tn foot.orange.tn and entertainment portal, access to social networks (facebook, twitter ...) and partners access to services such as Dailymotion video platform. In addition, customers will have access to Firefox Marketplace, the official source applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS