Firefox Won't Autoscroll with Middle-Click

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2019
I've had this problem for a few months now and can't seem to find a solution.

The short of it is firefox won't autoscroll with middle-click. I've tried every single solution I could find but can't seem to get it, and no updates have fixed it. When I middle click, the up/down arrows appear briefly before disappearing when I release the button and holding it won't make it stay on for more than a second. Current version is 64.0.2

-I've opened it in safe mode,
-Uninstall completely including all appdata folders and registry data
-Autoscrolling is selected Smooth scrolling is selected
-I used a different mouse I used the same mouse on a different computer with Firefox and it did work on the other computer, but neither mouse works on mine
-I uninstalled my mouse drivers and programs
-Hardware acceleration isn't causing the issue
-Middle click does work as a button and it works in chrome for autoscrolling.
-about:config has general.autoScroll set to true
-middlemouse.contentLoadURL is set to false

The only major change I thought could have happened before this was I swapped out my CPU and Mobo, but I can't imagine that being the cause as nothing else seems affected by it and the middle click still works otherwise in every other program.

The support community on the mozilla forums couldn't help me and I'd really like a solution.

Jan 17, 2019

Third thing on the list of things I tried. It is enabled.

Jan 17, 2019

First thing on the list of things I tried.

No, it does not work.

Jan 17, 2019

Fourth thing on the list of things I tried in the OP.

I tried both a different mouse and I tried using the main mouse on a different computer. Other mouse didn't fix it, original mouse works on the other computer so that's not the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.