[SOLVED] Firewall is disabled after using an antivirus and now it's not working ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2022
Hello to community. Few months ago i installed Norton 360 free trial for a fast scan (since it was free) after i installed a game just to be sure.
Norton probably installed their firewall and after i uninstalled it i noticed my firewall was throwing an error.
I ignored it for several months until i noticed that others cannot connect to my PC while gaming (as i turn my PC into a server) while before Norton they could even if ports are opened.

Then i clicked firewall and i received this error:
a0Nd1lJ.png

Since then (weeks now) i search for a solution. I tried repair using DvD windows 7, i tried install registries, play with some CMD
commands they gave on Youtube but nothing worked. The service also is there but not responding.

It says Error 1053. The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Untitled-2.jpg

Please someone help me, i don't want to format since i have many installed programs and i cannot rollback cause this happened 4-5 months ago
and i don't have a rollback point nor i want to update to windows 10 (which could fix that since the libraries and services are reinstalled).

Thanks a lot

D

Deleted member 14196

The question is why you had to scan after you install the game. No legally purchase game comes with malware so it sounds like you stole a game and installed it and then wanted to see if you were infected. And if that’s the case you won’t get any support here

And I suppose you learned an important lesson here as well, never use Norton for anything. Never use any third-party antivirus tools most of them are viruses themselves. Windows defender is all you need and a brain.

it might also take this opportunity to learn how to make back ups so you’re not facing the situation again in the future. So many times people screw up their machines and then say but I don’t want to format and reinstall. Well too bad in your case that’s probably what you’re going to have to do and I hope you learn your lessons not to steal software don’t use crappy third-party tools and have regular daily back ups of your data

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of what anti virus software you use i have to ask the following......... why did you get rid of the firewall .
I use to use Norton 360 but for the past 6 years i have used Kaspersky because Norton used a lot of processing power.
With both Norton 360 and Kaspersky if you start to download anything that they either know or suspect is a threat they will destroy that item even before the download is finished.

They do however sometimes get it wrong , a few examples.
I once tried to re-install a games installer that i knew was ok but Norton 360 kept destroying it so i turned my av off just long enough to download it.
Recently i tried to use Manhunt but Kaspersky suddenly decided that the bit of code that launches the game had a virus ( no it does not ) even when i put it in the exclusions folder it would not let me run it and their is no work around because the so called virus is on the disc ... as i say i have used it with same pc and av only a few weeks earlier and no it is not a pirate copy , i got it before it was banned.

Jan 3, 2022
I love how i asked some help and all i see is false accusations and stories that nobody care. If you guys are not willing to help or have no knowledge regarding the issue then stop
beggin for posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.