Firewall Settings for Terminal Server

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

We have a terminal server behind a firewall. What are the ports & tcp, udp
etc I need to open up in the firewall to access the terminal server? The
firewall is a wtchguard firewall.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

port 3389

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Gemini" <Gemini@vikramdhool.com> wrote on 12 nov 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup:

> We have a terminal server behind a firewall. What are the ports
> & tcp, udp etc I need to open up in the firewall to access the
> terminal server? The firewall is a wtchguard firewall.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup (More info?)

Thanks Vera,

I found the following on a watchguard newsgroup poting and it worked. I am
posting it here as it may help others too.

You must create a User Filter service specifically designed to enable MS
Terminal Server through the Firebox. The filter should be configured with
the following properties:

Protocol Client Port Port

TCP ignore 3389

TCP ignore 1494

TCP ignore 80 (required in some, but not all, cases)

Incoming -- Enabled and Allowed; From: Any, To: the IP address of the MS
Terminal Server
Outgoing -- Enabled and Allowed; From: the IP address of the MS Terminal
Server, To: Any

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> port 3389
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "Gemini" <Gemini@vikramdhool.com> wrote on 12 nov 2004 in
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.setup:
>
>> We have a terminal server behind a firewall. What are the ports
>> & tcp, udp etc I need to open up in the firewall to access the
>> terminal server? The firewall is a wtchguard firewall.

TRENDING THREADS