Event ID: 4
Date: 6.9.2005
Time: 15:02:56
User: N/A
Computer:
Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for .
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 5a 00 ......Z.
0008: 00 00 00 00 04 00 04 c0 .......À
0010: 3a 04 00 00 85 01 00 c0 :........À
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

USB interface works, but I don't have USB 2.0 in my computers, and USB
1.1 is slooow.

I uninstalled firefire drivers, Windows re-installed them but the
problem persists.

I did find answer to this problem from Microsoft's support (other than
update to most recent SP, and I have SP2) or from newgroups. There may
be some problems between SP2 and these firewire drivers, but I have
deleted SP2 uninstallation
files so I can't test it easily.

I just got new clean Windows installation with all other software
ready, and I would not want to do it again. Can anyone help me? Is
there another solution than reinstalling whole windows again?

Best regards, Antti Raappana

Is your firewire port on your Soundblaster card? If so, reinstall the
drivers from www.creative.com
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

<araappa@raita.oulu.fi> wrote in message
My external HD Western Digital 250 Gb Media Center's power plug was
accidentally unplugged when drive was in use. Since then HD is not
recognized by Windows XP professional SP2 when I use firewire
interface.

Followong error message appears in event viewer after firewire cable is
plugged and unsuccesful detection was attempted by windows.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: sbp2port
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4
Date: 6.9.2005
Time: 15:02:56
User: N/A
Computer:
Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for .
Data:
[...]

Sorry, I forgot.

Computer is Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop. It has integrated Toshiba OCHI
compliant firefire interface. I changed driver to standard OCHI
comliant driver with same unsuccessful result. Windows installed
Toshiba driver again when I removed standard driver.

I suppose I would need to clean registry or some settings file or
delete all related driver files (so Windows should re-install them
cleanly), but which files and settings? Or can I somehow downgrade SP2
to SP1, which should not have this problem?

But thanks for Your reply Cari, AR

Cari (MS-MVP) kirjoitti:

> Is your firewire port on your Soundblaster card? If so, reinstall the
> drivers from www.creative.com
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging

Does the external drive work with another PC?

Does the firewire port work with other firewire devices? ie digital
camcorder
--

> Sorry, I forgot.
>
> Computer is Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop. It has integrated Toshiba OCHI
> compliant firefire interface. I changed driver to standard OCHI
> comliant driver with same unsuccessful result. Windows installed
> Toshiba driver again when I removed standard driver.
>
> I suppose I would need to clean registry or some settings file or
> delete all related driver files (so Windows should re-install them
> cleanly), but which files and settings? Or can I somehow downgrade SP2
> to SP1, which should not have this problem?
>
> But thanks for Your reply Cari, AR
>
> Cari (MS-MVP) kirjoitti:
>
>> Is your firewire port on your Soundblaster card? If so, reinstall the
>> drivers from www.creative.com
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging

araappa,
You can "downgrade," to SP1 Firewire drivers by doing this;
Go to C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386 & C:\dllcache in SP1 and copy out
the
following files
1394bus.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
arp1394.sys is in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
nic1394.sys is in c:\Windows\System32\Drivers
ohci1394.sys is in C:\windows\System32\drivers
enum1394.sys is in C:\windows\system32\drivers
Copy out the following files to a new folder you can call
"Firewirefix," (without quotes)

Stop XP Sp2 from re-installing it's drivers again by:
Renaming the SP2.cab file to (e.g. to SP2old.cab)

Replace the SP2 versions of these files with the SP1 versions in
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers & C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache in safe
mode.

Go to device manager for your ohci firewire card and update SP2 drivers
to the SP1 drivers by pointing to Firewirefix.(warning message normal)
Reboot.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

A similar thing happened to me. Don't know if this will work for you, but
here's what I did. Went into Device Manager and uninstalled the drive.
Mine had a yellow exclamation point so it was easy to find. Then I rebooted
with the external drive turned on. Windows found it and all was well.
Maybe this will work for you.

Anne