Firewire update.............................................

As I posted earlier, I was having problems with my 160gig firewire drive which
was connected to my Inspiron 8200 through th 1394 firewire port. I was
experiencing constant and random disconnects. To reconnect, I'd have to turn
off the HD and reboot the computer. Then, if I wasn't using the drive it would
disconnect inself within ten minutes. The other day, I upgraded to XP SP2 and
now the problem seems to have been resolved. The drive has now stayed connected
for well over a day.

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 10:50:54 -0600, Boll Weevil
<washerdryer@maytag.com> wrote:

>As I posted earlier, I was having problems with my 160gig firewire drive which
>was connected to my Inspiron 8200 through th 1394 firewire port. I was
>experiencing constant and random disconnects. To reconnect, I'd have to turn
>off the HD and reboot the computer. Then, if I wasn't using the drive it would
>disconnect inself within ten minutes. The other day, I upgraded to XP SP2 and
>now the problem seems to have been resolved. The drive has now stayed connected
>for well over a day.

Well, I take it back after the second day the same disconnection
started happening again. I got a PCMCIA card with firewire and USB2.
I tried the firewire port on the new card and the same thing happened.
I switched over to the USB2 port and it's solid as a rock. I'm done
with firewire.