[SOLVED] Firmware update failure on Intel Pro 7600P M.2 SSD ?

acemagoo77

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
I was screwing around and noticed I had a firmware update for my Intel Pro 7600P M.2 SSD

Long story short, the SSD no longer works. It's not even detected in BIOS, and not detected even when it's in an enclosure in Windows or BIOS.

Intel utility does not detect it
Is it dead or is there a way to repair it?

M.2 SSD came out of a Lenovo Thinkcentre M725s AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 2400G

Solution
Looks like it is dead Jim... if the firmware is corrupted it will require reflashing the controller (the silver square IC) on the bench. Data will be gone but it will work again. I think however, it is going to cost you more than the SSD, you will need a break-out board and j-tag for it while I can't even look up the schematics for this chip...
Looks like it is dead Jim... if the firmware is corrupted it will require reflashing the controller (the silver square IC) on the bench. Data will be gone but it will work again. I think however, it is going to cost you more than the SSD, you will need a break-out board and j-tag for it while I can't even look up the schematics for this chip...

Solution

acemagoo77

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
Ya I figured..
I just replaced it but I thought maybe If i could get'er going with minimal effort it would be worth it.

Thanks

Reactions: vov4ik_il