Firmware upgrade for DI-524 now causing dropouts?

All:

I have just finished installing the firmware upgrade for my DI-524
wireless router (1.05, 7/22/04), and am now experiencing intermittent
signal dropouts/loss of connections. These dropouts did not occur
prior to the firmware upgrade. I was wondering if anyone else might
have been experiencing the same thing....and had any solutions or
workarounds...

Thanks,
David

ps Please reply to group; email listed here is long dead.

intrepid_dw@hotmail.com (David Whitney) wrote in message news:<63563b00.0407280957.33864604@posting.google.com>...
> All:
>
> I have just finished installing the firmware upgrade for my DI-524
> wireless router (1.05, 7/22/04), and am now experiencing intermittent
> signal dropouts/loss of connections. These dropouts did not occur
> prior to the firmware upgrade. I was wondering if anyone else might
> have been experiencing the same thing....and had any solutions or
> workarounds...
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
> ps Please reply to group; email listed here is long dead.

Many, many people have experienced the same dropout problem with 1.05;
also, MAC filtering does not work for wireless connections. Solution
is to go back to 1.03 (where WPA does not work - use WEP plus MAC
filtering).

John Land

Hey there, just wanted to toss in my 2 cents as well. The D-Link 1.05
firmware caused my DI-524 router to continually drop the connection to
my laptop (PowerBook G4, 12 inch with Airport Extreme) which 1.03 never
did. I switched my firware back and haven't noticed anything since.

Maybe 1.06 will fix this problem?

-Evan

--
evanwilliams

Exactly the same here. I thought maybe my router was bad but I guess
I'm not alone.

Using 802.11g Broadcom in Compaq Presario R3000Z

David Whitney Wrote:
> All:
>
> I have just finished installing the firmware upgrade for my DI-524
> wireless router (1.05, 7/22/04), and am now experiencing intermittent
> signal dropouts/loss of connections. These dropouts did not occur
> prior to the firmware upgrade. I was wondering if anyone else might
> have been experiencing the same thing....and had any solutions or
> workarounds...
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
> ps Please reply to group; email listed here is long dead.

--
ordxpres