Question First boot GPU not working?

Oct 18, 2020
Hi all I've finished building my first pc, when I turn It on everything works but the gpu. The fans are not spinning and the sapphire logo isnt lighting up. I have not yet connected it to my monitor as I don't know which port to plug the hdmi cable into (the one on the gpu not working or the one on the mobo?). I am wondering If this is a one time thing and need to go into the BIOS in order for it to work or if my psu is default set to a lower wattage and also need to change that in the BIOS OR if my gpu is broken and I need to RMA.

Ive tried the top pcie and it didnt work, it is currently on the middle one. The GPU is a Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT

pls help

Thank you

Hi all I've finished building my first pc, when I turn It on everything works but the gpu. The fans are not spinning and the sapphire logo isnt lighting up. I have not yet connected it to my monitor as I don't know which port to plug the hdmi cable into (the one on the gpu not working or the one on the mobo?). I am wondering If this is a one time thing and need to go into the BIOS in order for it to work or if my psu is default set to a lower wattage and also need to change that in the BIOS OR if my gpu is broken and I need to RMA.

Ive tried the top pcie and it didnt work, it is currently on the middle one. The GPU is a Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT

pls help

Thank you
And you made sure the psu cables are plugged into the gpu