[SOLVED] First boot no image.

Dec 31, 2018
I am a first timer at this so it's possible I made a rookie mistake. I did all the cables i put all the components in and when I turn the computer on the fans spin and the graphics card lights up. But there is no image on the monitor. What can I do to fix this issue?

Solution
The videocard only outputs digital, so if your monitor is connected to VGA using an adapter or something, that could be a problem. The motherboard has integrated video outputs, double check that you are connected to the videocard and not one of the motherboard outputs. That motherboard has more than one pci-ex x16 slot, make sure the card is in the one designed for videocards. That videocard needs an 8 pin pci-ex connector from the power supply. Make sure the cable you connect to it from your power supply is the right one. Sometimes people try to connect the two 4 pin ATX connectors to it.
Dec 31, 2018
The monitor is connected to it and I can give you a parts list as I dont know the specs: ryzen 5 2600. Gigabyte b450 pro wifi mobo. Corsair ddr4 3200 RAM 2 8gb sticks. Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8GB. And a gigabyte 750w psu.

The videocard only outputs digital, so if your monitor is connected to VGA using an adapter or something, that could be a problem. The motherboard has integrated video outputs, double check that you are connected to the videocard and not one of the motherboard outputs. That motherboard has more than one pci-ex x16 slot, make sure the card is in the one designed for videocards. That videocard needs an 8 pin pci-ex connector from the power supply. Make sure the cable you connect to it from your power supply is the right one. Sometimes people try to connect the two 4 pin ATX connectors to it.

Solution