First BSOD on Threadripper system after no issues for months....

liberty610

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2012
Hello,

I just had the first BSOD on my system since I first put it together several months ago. I am running Windows 10 Pro. Here is my build on PC Parts Picker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/BqHhP6

I recently started an overclock on my GTX 1080 graphics card, so this maybe what caused this, but I don't think MSI Afterburner was running my overclock profile at the time. My system has been solid since I first put it together several months ago. I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed as well.

I was playing a game of Hitman last night when the game froze twice while running MSI Afterburner, so I shut Afterburner down, figuring my gpu overclock was not stable for it. No freezing issues after that during my play through. This morning I was just playing it, and (right at a crucial part of course), I got a BSOD with stop code ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY_MEMORY

Any ideas or suggestion on how to discover the cause of this? There is nothing in my minidump folder from what I can see, and just for extra measure I un-installed MSI afterburner. Overclocking is not my strongest trait, and I don't see the point since I am getting full 60fps on most my games with high or ultra settings in my 3440 x 1440 resolution.

The only other thing I can think of, is Gigabyte EasyTune software was installed with a recent app update, and I un-installed it after it appeared to put in an overclock on my CPU. I also restored my BIOS to optimized defaults and the only change I made after that was i turned on XMP profile like I did when I first put it together where there has been no issues for months.

I am running BIOS version F2(k). There is a BIOS update, but I figured with it running stable I should leave well enough alone. But as of today, I am getting these crashes.