First Budget Build

Nationofme

Honorable
May 22, 2013
I haven't built a computer before but I'm doing so and I thought Id share the setup with you guys to see what you think about it,

Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP
CPU:Intel Core i5-4670
RAM:Ballistix 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Storage:1TB 7200 RPM 64Mb Cache

It isn't complete yet but I'll save up for a GPU and I'm using an eMachine W34000 case.

HumdrumPenguin

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Don't hold too much on the motherboard. You'll regret later since there won't be space for upgrades. The one of your choice is too simple. What about this:

Mobo: Asrock z87 extreme 4
CPU: I5 4670k (get the k edition, it allows you to overclock it, and it's a very easy cpu to overclock, especially if you water cool it.
RAM: I like to recommend G.SKILL or Corsair as brands for RAM, 8gb 1600mhz is ok too, but don't get anything less than that.
Storage: Good too, but if there's any possibility of getting a SSD 120/240, 128/256gb, get one. Will do wonders for your system.
When choosing the VGA, remember to get a PSU that can hold it well. If you're into gaming, try to get a GTX 760 or better (I personally prefer nvidia over amd for graphic chips).
When looking into the psu, remember, wattage is not the only important thing.
Case: I always like to recommend the Coller Master HAF series, they have a nice air flow inside. I use the HAF XM and it has lots of space inside.
And if you're still on the budget, get yourself a nice mouse, mouse pad and keyboard, helps a lot when gaming.